Saturday 21 January 2012

An Aside

Usually I blog about the more 'thoughtful' side of Christian fundamentalism - those who, if mistaken, at least seem to have taken five minutes to think through their beliefs. 

Not today, though. 

I have other things on my mind of late (hence the sporadic posts), so I thought it best to just have a laugh at someone who, while massively popular, has no clue.  Ladies and gentleman, I give you: Joyce Meyer

Dear Joyce has her own TV show, has authored over 20 books and has her own private jet.  I tried reading one of her 'thought a day' style books; I gave up after three 'thoughts' in a week referred to people as 'cracked pots'. 

Do have a flick through her site.  Current headline is 'trusting God when you don't understand' (which I strongly suspect tanslates as 'believe in the face of the evidence' - I can't bring myself to watch it). 

There is as yet no word on whether the work Joyce has had done was performed by faith or by secular medicine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment