Sunday 6 November 2011

h2g2, WLC and Book Club

It is pleasing to see that my spiritual home is now back up and running. 

While it has been away, I have found a new play-site: the Reasonable Faith forum, run by William Lane Craig, a frequent subject in these last few posts.  I have to say that you get a better quality of Christian there, rather more thoughtful than on some other sites.  They are, of course, committed to Craig's five arguments for the existence of God, and my claim that Craig rejects the Nicene Creed was met with blunt disbelief until I quoted him.  A few thought-provoking discussions on morality, and some rather yes-it-it, no-it-isn't ones on whether the Universe is caused. 

In unrelated news, a well-meaning friend-of-a-friend (and parishoner of the local fundagelical church) has bought me a copy of Lee Strobel's 'The Case For Faith'.  I shall duly read and digest; if it is anything like his first book, 'The Case For Christ', I wouldn't expect too much from it. I shall also dig out the Craig/Grayling debate to watch at some stage, to see if Grayling fared as badly as the Cragites would have me believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment